Research Support Grants
The New England Osteopathic Heritage Center (NEOHC) is currently soliciting applications for its Research Support Grant Program intended for faculty members, independent researchers and graduate students at the dissertation stage who are actively pursuing research that requires, or would benefit from, access to the holdings of the New England Osteopathic Heritage Center collection.
NEOHC Research Support Grants range between $500 and $2000, and may be used for transportation, housing and research-related expenses for use in the upcoming calendar year.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Cover sheet with applicant’s name, address, email address and telephone number
- Present status and institutional affiliation (if any)
- Working title of the project
- Length of proposed research visit to the NEOHC (minimum of one week)
- List of financial support previously received for the project
- Proposed budget (not to exceed $2000)
- A one page description of the project. Successful applicants will demonstrate their project’s relevance to the unique holdings of the NEOHC, as well as the significance to their field of study
- Curriculum vitae of no more than three pages
- Graduate students should also arrange to have a letter of reference sent directly to the NEOHC. This letter should speak to the applicant’s scholarly experience, ability and promise
Applications will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary panel of staff from the NEOHC and faculty from the University of New England.
Recipients will be asked to write a brief 250-word report on their research and to contribute to the NEOHC a copy of any publications resulting from research in the Collection.
Deadline for new grants is in early December each year.
Please submit applications to:
Zachary Enright, Archivist
New England Osteopathic Heritage Center
University of New England
11 Hills Beach Road
Biddeford, Maine 04005
Email submissions preferred; hard copies accepted.