Camp Moy Mo Da Yo collection, 1907-2009
Collection Scope and Content
This collection contains records primarily dating from 1907 to 1972 including administrative records, publications and ephemera. The majority of the collection is made up of photographs documenting the camp throughout its existence. The images include photographs of the camp, various activities and groups of campers and staff.
Camp Moy Mo Da Yo was a girls camp founded in 1907 in Limington, Maine by two school teachers from West Roxbury, Massachusetts, Helen Mayo and Elizabeth Moody. The camp was was sold to Mr. and Mrs. Carl Peterson in 1947 and again in 1967 to Mr. and Mrs. Herbert B. Downs. The camp closed in 1972. A reunion of former campers in 2007 led to the reopening of the camp and it now functions as a day camp for boys and girls during summer months.