Finding and evaluating sources is a critical step in completing any research assignment.
UNE Libraries offers you access to millions of credible sources. Start your search from the library homepage so that:
- You have access to UNE Libraries’ subscriptions
- Your UNE login and password will be recognized
- You are searching quality resources suitable for academic work
Use a Research Database
A research database may give you more advanced search options, specific filters, and more control over your search results. A specialized database in your subject area or discipline will contain only results relevant to your topic.
Find Research by Subject
Choose your program, major or field of study for the best databases and other resources relevant to your subject, program or discipline.
Primary Sources From our Special Collections
Primary sources are original documents, photographs, recordings, and other objects that provide a first-hand view of the topic under study. Learn more about using primary sources in your research. Explore our special collections to find primary sources, archival materials, and other unique resources.
Find research, artwork, theses and dissertations, and other publications created by UNE students, faculty, and staff in DUNE:Digital UNE.
Evaluating your resources carefully is an important step in every research project. Make sure that you are following your instructor’s directions on the types of resources that are acceptable for your assignment.
Websites and Other Non-Scholarly Sources
Websites, blog posts, videos, and other content can all be good sources, but it is extremely important to carefully evaluate sources you find online using this criteria.
Questions & Help
If you have questions or need help finding or evaluating sources, librarians are here to help!
- IN PERSON: Research and Teaching Librarians are usually available weekdays 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- ASK A LIBRARIAN: Submit your question and a librarian will get back to you within 24 hours
- PHONE: Call us at 207-602-3000 most weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CHAT: Use our pop-up chat service to ask a question
UNE’s Student Academic Success Center can help you with grammar, writing style, drafting, revision, polishing your work.