Group and private study rooms are available in each campus library on a first come, first served basis.
Study rooms cannot be reserved in advance. Other spaces on campus can be booked through the registrar’s office.
Using Study Rooms
Study rooms are for individual or group study. Keys are held at the at the front desk and require a valid UNE ID card. You can use study rooms for up to 2 hours at a time, and can renew as long as no one else is waiting for a room.
- Study rooms are not soundproof and some are in silent study areas or above or below other library spaces – please be considerate of others.
- We do our best to place groups in a room appropriate for their size and keep the larger rooms available for larger groups.
- If no rooms are available, you have the option of leaving us your cell number; we’ll send you a text message when the next room becomes available. You will have 10 minutes to pick up the key or the room will go to the next person on the wait list.
- We can hold the study room key for you at the front desk if you need to leave the library for a short time while still using a room. Do not take study room keys out of the building. If keys are lost, you will be charged a replacement fee of $25.00.
- If you leave personal items unattended in study rooms after the keys are due back, we will call campus security to remove them and hold them for you.
There are 8 study rooms available in the Biddeford Campus Ketchum Library.
All study rooms have white boards. Dry erase markers are available at the front desk.
|1||up to 6||Upper Level||Large monitor with HDMI cables|
|2||up to 6||Upper Level||Large monitor with HDMI cables|
|3||up to 10||Upper Level|
|4||up to 4||Lower Level||Yes|
|5||up to 2||Lower Level||Yes|
|6||up to 2||Lower Level||Yes|
|7||up to 2||Lower Level||Yes|
|8||up to 2||Lower Level||Yes|
There are 7 study rooms in the Portland Campus Abplanalp Library.
All study rooms are equipped with a PC desktop computer (valid UNE login required) and white boards; dry erase markers are available at the front desk.
|1||up to 6||Upper Level|
|2||up to 6||Upper Level|
|3||up to 4||Upper Level|
|4||up to 12||Upper Level||Yes|
|5||up to 12||Upper Level||Yes|
|6||up to 10||Lower Level||Yes|
|7||up to 4||Lower Level|
Questions & Help
For questions about library study rooms, contact: