Services for Faculty
Library Services as well as specialized assistance to support teaching and scholarship.
Each academic department has a liaison librarian to assist you and ensure that the library is providing the resources and services you need.
- Library Instruction
- Research and Teaching Librarians help your students develop the critical information literacy skills they need to select and evaluate resources for academic research with in-class or in-library instruction.
- Course Reserves
- We make every attempt to place required reading materials on course reserve whenever possible. We also welcome instructor copies in order to provide students with access to as many of their required materials as possible. See our Course Reserve Guidelines for details.
- Affordable Course Materials
- Your library liaison can help you find course materials available in the libraries’ collections, or which can be purchased by the library in electronic formats so your whole class can have access. We can also assist you with a search for high-quality open source resources.
- Primary Sources & Special Collections
- Invite Education and Outreach Archivist Cathleen Miller to introduce your students to research with primary sources and connect them to the rich contents of our archival collections.
- Services for Students
- We support student learning with our collections and research assistance services, including tutorials on research skills, evaluating sources, search strategies, formatting citations, and individual research help.
Research & Scholarship Support
Research and Teaching Librarians are available to assist with your research needs and can help with:
- Finding Materials
- We are committed to providing the resources you need for your scholarship. Request anything to which UNE Libraries does not provide access through Interlibrary Loan or contact us about purchase options. We can also assist with literature searching to support your research.
- Journal Assessment
- Choose the right publisher for your work. Assess impact factors, evaluate the legitimacy of an unfamiliar journal and avoid predatory publishers as you consider submission or editorial board work.
- Open Access
- Open access repositories and journals support publication and research, and expand the reach of your work. Archive and distribute your research to a world-wide audience in UNE’s open access institutional repository DUNE:DigitalUNE.
Questions & Help
If you have questions on this, or another, topic, contact a librarian for help!