Services for Faculty
We are here to support your teaching and scholarship at UNE with our collections, services and spaces.
Each academic department has a subject librarian to assist you and ensure that the library is providing the resources and services you and your students need. Your subject librarian is familiar with your curriculum and supporting resources and can provide library and information literacy instruction to your students.
- Library Instruction
- Research and Teaching Librarians help your students develop the critical information literacy skills they need to select and evaluate resources for academic research with in-class, in-library, or remote instruction.
- Course Reserves
- We make every attempt to place required reading materials on course reserve whenever possible, either as physical books for use in the library or as e-books. We welcome instructor copies in order to provide students with access to as many of their required materials as possible. See our Course Reserve Guidelines for details.
- Affordable Course Materials
- Your subject librarian can help you find course materials available in the libraries’ collections, or which can be purchased by the library in electronic formats so your whole class can have access. We can also assist you with a search for high-quality open source resources.
- Primary Sources & Special Collections
- Invite Education and Outreach Archivist Cathleen Miller to introduce your students to research with primary sources and connect them to the rich contents of our archival collections.
- Services for Students
- We support student learning with our collections and research assistance services, including tutorials on research skills, evaluating sources, effective searching, formatting and managing citations, and individual research help. See our services for students and services for online students for more detail on how we can help.
Research & Scholarship Support
- Finding Materials
- We are committed to providing the resources you need for your scholarship. Request anything to which we do not provide access in our collections or subscriptions through Interlibrary Loan or contact us about purchase options. We can also assist with literature searching to support your research.
- Publishing Support
- We can help you assess impact factors, evaluate the legitimacy of an unfamiliar journal, and avoid predatory publishers as you consider submission or editorial work. We can also help with fair use assessment and questions about copyright.
- Open Access
- Our institutional repository DUNE: DigitalUNE is available to all UNE faculty as an open-access publishing platform for your work. Contact Digital Access Librarian Bethany Kenyon for more information.
Questions & Help
If you have questions on this, or another, topic, contact a librarian for help!