Services for Students
We are here to support your scholarship and learning at UNE with our collections, services and spaces.
- Online Resources
- The vast majority of our books, articles, videos and other resources are available online. Search from the library homepage or select from one of our research databases.
- If you aren’t sure where to start, choose your program, major or subject from our Research by Subject Guides for recommended databases, books, journals, websites and more.
- Log in to online resources using your UNE Nor’Easter Login and password.
- Physical Resources
- Our two library locations have books & videos, course reserves, archives and special collections, device chargers, anatomical models, flascards and more to support your research needs.
- See our borrowing policies for more information.
- Interlibrary Loan
- You can request free copies of anything we don’t have in our library collections.
- Course Reserves
- We make an effort to provide access to required textbooks and other course readings whenever possible for use in the library or as e-books.
Research and Teaching Librarians are available to help you with your research questions. We can assist with:
- Finding resources on a subject
- Choosing or narrowing a research topic
- Developing your search strategy
- Selecting the right research database or other resource
- Evaluate and select resources appropriate for your assignments
- Formatting citations and more.
Research and Teaching Librarians are available at each library; contact the subject specialist for your area of research. We invite you to stop in during regular business hours, or make an appointment. We can also be reached by chat, email, or phone at 207-602-3000.
Also, the Student Academic Success Center can help with determining your assignment’s purpose or with grammar, writing style, drafting, revision, or polishing your work.
Our two libraries have silent and conversation spaces to meet a variety of study needs. We also have study rooms for individuals and groups. You’ll find a mix of study tables, carrels, soft seating, adjustable-height and fixed standing-height study furniture with natural and LED lighting. Each library provides 24/7 study areas, accessible with a valid UNE ID card after library hours.
COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY
Each library has desktop PC computers available for student use, high-capacity black-and-white printers, outgoing fax and a copy/scanning machine.
Questions & Help
If you have questions on this, or another, topic, contact a librarian for help!